Mira Mesa 40 Days for Life Campaign Beginning Wednesday, September 22, through Sunday, October 31, we will engage in a 40-day journey of prayer, fasting, and peaceful vigil to end abortion. As we stand vigil outside the Mira Mesa Planned Parenthood facility, we join with others throughout the country and around the world, seeking to let more hearts keep beating, and to let fewer hearts be broken.
We stand vigil in support of the women who come in search of solutions to the incredibly difficult situations they face, and to assure them that we have love and compassion for them and for their children. In a world that preaches the value of choice, we stand vigil to ensure that they know they truly do have a choice, and to make them aware of the many resources available to assist them in this time of great need.
And to help them see that the best way to end a pregnancy is to welcome a newborn child into the world.
Most of all, we stand vigil because we believe in the power of prayer. We believe in a God who is loving and forgiving. Together we offer our hearts and hands and voices in fellowship with those who have been misled, those who feel alone and afraid, and most importantly, to defend the defenseless, and to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
Thank you for your dedication to this important cause! As we venture on this journey, here are some important reminders:
- Please sign up at the website. There is strength in numbers. Scheduling your time on the calendar encourages others who may not want to pray there alone, especially the first-timers! It will also help us to see that the location is being covered throughout the campaign. If you want to add new hours or your plans change, you can always update the calendar at any time.
- Come prepared.
- Bring your signs with supportive and life-affirming messages.
- From the campaign website, you can also print out the page that has all the local agencies that help women and have a copy with you at the site.
- Be courteous. Please remain true to our Statement of Peace, our commitment that this is a peaceful and lawful vigil. Don’t obstruct pedestrians who are using the sidewalk.
- Be wise and be safe. Always carry your cell phone and be aware of your surroundings. Strong emotions are common on all sides of this issue. We hear horns honking in encouragement and we hear some who express their disapproval. All are evidence of the power of prayer. Take care of each other, and if you ever don’t feel safe for any reason, leave.
- Spread the word. You can print out flyers about the campaign and share them with your churches, ministry groups, and friends.
May God’s grace and blessings be with us all!