The Archdiocese of Louisville is committed to ensuring that children and youth who worship, study or participate in church-sponsored activities can do so in the safest and most secure setting possible. In an effort to fulfill this commitment, all employees or volunteers who have contact with children or youth (18 and under) for ANY LENGTH OF TIME are required to participate in one of the Safe Environment Training Workshops.
The Archdiocese of Louisville Safe Environment Program will cover the following topics:
Participants in the Archdiocese of Louisville Safe Environment Program will receive a copy of the new Sexual Abuse Policies and a resource manual. No registration is necessary and sign-in sheets will be available at the workshops. Please note that:
- Identifying signs of child sexual abuse
- Understanding the dynamics of child sexual abuse, including how children are groomed and how they may attempt to reveal their experience
- How to take action in response to child sexual abuse, including obligation to report and caring for the abused child
- Becoming familiar with new archdiocesan policies and Code of Conduct regarding work with children
If you have questions regarding the Archdiocese of Louisville Safe Environment Program, contact :
- Children under the age of 16 should never attend the Safe Environment Training Program (nor should anyone under the age of 18 be considered an adult or placed in unsupervised environments requiring the adult supervision of minors).
- Any person 18 or older who is in a supervisory role with children MUST have a criminal background check.
- It is advisable to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the workshop start time listed for all locations in order to complete paperwork.
- Attendees must remain present for the entire workshop. Leaving early will result in having to attend the Safe Environment workshop again, in full.
- All registrants must attend, stay for the ENTIRE presentation, and complete completion paperwork. Failure to do so will result in having to re-complete the course in the correct manner.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
OFFICE OF YOUTH PROTECTION
SAFE ENVIRONMENT PROGRAM
Our Safe Environment Program safeguards children and other vulnerable persons, assures members and their families that we maintain a safe environment, protects members from awkward situations, misunderstandings, and appearances of impropriety, builds trust with arch/dioceses and parishes, and protects the good name of the Knights of Columbus.
Click for more information : Knights of Columbus Safe Environment Program
Safe Environment Training Schedule
Click : Archdiocese of Louisville Safe Environment Training Schedule